Geosynthetics Australia composite geogrids are a multifunctional geogrid particularly suited for use on weak subgrades. Reinforcement is provided by the biaxial geogrid and the non woven geotextile provides separation and filtration. Composite geogrids are used extensively for road and railway construction, landfills, airports and hydraulic engineering and also to prevent reflection cracking, water damage and increase the load capacity of roads.
Composite geogrids are manufactured by heat bonding a polypropylene biaxial geogrid to a needle punched nonwoven geotextile. They combine reinforcement of problematic soils with the additional functions of separation and filtration. Various tensile strengths are available. Standard roll size is 3.95m x 50m.
- Reduced aggregate thickness by combining reinforcement, filtration, separation and drainage
- Geotextile is firmly bonded to the biaxial geogrid
- Very high strength at low strains
- A strong mechanical interlock with the aggregate
- Nonwoven geotextile filters and separates the soil
- High resistance to installation damage
- High resistance to biological and chemical degradation
- Quick and easy to install
- ISO 9001 certified
- Base reinforcement
- Subgrade stabilization
- Slope stabilization
- Crane and rig platforms
- Asphalt reinforcement